Below are the details for the position you have inquired about. Please read it carefully and if you feel you are a match for this position, please click on "Apply for this Position" and fill in the necessary information.
Wellness is derived from the ability to understand, accept and act upon the capacity to lead a purpose-filled and engaged life. In so doing, one can then embrace their potential (be it physical, emotional, spiritual, intellectual, social, environmental, or vocational) to pursue and optimize life's possibilities. The Lenbrook chaplains cultivate a place where the spiritual needs of residents, associates and families are nourished.
Purpose is to:
- Be person-centered in their approach to providing a pathway (via pastoral care and programming) for spiritual wellness and
- Foster a supportive community that recognizes the value and contributions of every individual.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Routinely provides a pastoral presence to Independent Living residents.
- Routinely provides a pastoral presence to Health Care residents.
- Plans and leads memorial services on an as needed basis.
- Plans and implements worship services to meet the spiritual needs of the Lenbrook residents.
- Completes Event Set Up Forms and Room Set Up Diagrams for Chaplaincy Programming.
- Works with the Catholic Resident Champion to ensure that Catholic Residents at Lenbrook receive mass or communion from a Catholic Priest or Deacon.
- Assists in helping secure Vespers Speakers once a month.
- Secures a Jewish Rabbi/and or Cantor to lead the monthly Shabbat services.
- Oversees the Shabbat meal after the Shabbat Service; works in tandem with the Dining Service staff regarding reservations and choice of entrée.
- Triages the Lenbrook deaths in real time. This includes (but is not limited to) pastoral care to the bereaved family members and the posting of death notices on Lenbrook All, K4 Connect and Nixplay on a timely basis.
- Co-facilitates support groups for Lenbrook with fellow IDT members.
- Works with the Vespers music director (pianist) to secure special music for the Vespers services whenever possible.
- Assists Senior Chaplain in writing weekly check requests on an as needed basis.
- Oversees the needs of the weekly Women's Bible Study and Men's Bible Study.
- Serves as a Worship Leader, along with the Senior Chaplain, for the Sunday Worship Service.
- Serves as the clinical supervisor for the seminary Intern on an as needed basis.
- Visits Lenbrook Residents in the hospital on an as needed basis.
- Visits new Lenbrook residents to introduce them to the Spiritual Wellness programming and services.
- Completes pastoral referrals.
- Prints and delivers Chaplains Birthday cards to the residents on a monthly basis.
- Attends weekly IDT (Interdisciplinary Team) meetings; collaborates and communicates with IDT members regarding the fluid psychosocial and spiritual needs of Lenbrook Residents.
- Works in tandem with the Senior Chaplain to ensure seamless communication concerning the fluid pastoral care needs of the Lenbrook community.
||Lenbrook Life Plan Community
|Posting Start Date:
Education and Experience Required: General Standards for Board Certification
- Bachelors Degree
- Master of Divinity from an accredited institution
- Ordination or commissioning to function in a ministry of pastoral care.
- Four (4) units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE provided by ACPE, NACC or CAPPE)
- Documentation of 1 year (2,000 hours) full-time chaplaincy experience after completion of four (4) units of CPE.
- Ecclesiastical Endorsement by a recognized faith group for ministry in a specialized setting.
- Board Certification from the Association of Professional Chaplains or equivalency, or consents to begin the Board Certification process upon hiring.
Lenbrook Square Foundation, Inc requires all Associates to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Fully vaccinated is defined as having two (2) doses of either the Moderna or Pfizer Covid-19 vaccinations, or one (1) dose of the Johnson & Johnson Covid-19 vaccination, plus 14 days.
In order to move forward in the application process, you must have received all required doses of the Covid-19 vaccination.
||This listing expires on: 4/26/2023